Cost Savings Programs
We understand customers have challenges that can make paying utility bills difficult. The following cost-saving programs benefit eligible customers. View the details below to see if you qualify.
NEORSD’s Homestead Rate is available to:
- Customers age 65 or older, or
- Anyone under 65 who is totally disabled.
To be eligible:
- Applicant’s total household income must not exceed $33,000 (effective January 1, 2017).
- Applicants must also own the property in which they live, and the property must be within the Sewer District’s service area.
*If you are already on the Homestead program, you will receive a renewal form from the City of Cleveland in the first quarter of each year.
For more information or qualifying questions on the Homestead Program,please contact NEORSD Customer Service at 216-881-8247
A rate reduction of 40% is available for those whose annual income is at or below 200% of the poverty level.
Note: Customers can be enrolled in either the Homestead program or the Affordability program, but not both. The reduced rate is the same for both programs. Applicants must also own the property in which they live, and the property must be within the Sewer District’s service area.
How to apply:
- Call Cleveland Housing Network to request an application by mail: (888) 901-1222
- Visit the Cleveland Housing Network’s utility assistance page to view income guidelines
- Download a PDF application
This program benefits customers affected by a major event in their life, such as major medical expenses not covered by any other source, job loss, separation, or divorce. The program offers financial assistance of 50% of sewer balance (up to $300) toward your account.
How to apply:
- Interested customers must contact the Cleveland Housing Network by phone at (888) 901-1222.
- Verification documents will be required. Cleveland Housing Network can provide a complete list of acceptable forms of documentation.
Since customers often consume more water in the summer for uses that do not contribute to a home’s sewer system, we offer a program that bases your summer use on your average winter water consumption. Applicants must also own the property in which they live, and the property must be within the Sewer District’s service area.