Engineering & Construction
The Engineering & Construction Department is responsible for planning activities needed to define the NEORSD’s capital improvements program and implementing the design and construction of the NEORSD’s Capital Plan projects that best meet the requirements and the environmental needs of the community.
Capital improvement planning
This planning responsibility includes problem definition, development and evaluation of alternative solutions and the establishment of key design parameters. In this area, the department is also responsible for:
- Interfacing with member communities in coordination of community capital improvement programs that interface with the NEORSD’s capital improvement program.
- A variety of long-range planning efforts with local, county, and state partners.
Design and construction: Capital plan projects
- Responsible for implementing the design and construction of the NEORSD’s Capital Plan projects.
- Provide the project leadership and proper engineering resources for the design and construction of efficient wastewater and wet weather conveyance, overflow control and treatment systems that best meet the NEORSD’s current and future requirements and the environmental needs of the community.
- Administer all engineering and construction contracts including procurement, cost negotiations, contractual changes, review and approval of invoices, and delivery and acceptance of final project.
- Nominate District project candidates and submit technically, financially, and administratively complete applications for WPCLF awards pursuant to OEPA programmatic requirements.
- Apply for and administer the US EPA special appropriation grant awards to NEORSD.