Community Discharge Permit Program:
Development and re-development projects in the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District service area require District review in order to determine impacts prior to beginning construction. Depending on the nature of the project, one or more types of review may be required. These include:
- Direct connection to NEORSD-owned infrastructure
- Acceptance of Flow (for Ohio EPA PTI Application)
- Industrial Process Flow
- Title IV Stormwater Management in the Combined Sewer Area
- Title V Stormwater Management
Step 1: Determine if Project is Subject to Review
Step 2: Understand the Review Process & Proper Documentation for Submission
- Understanding the review process PDF
- NEORSD Submittal Requirements for Connections to the Combined Sewer System: Guidelines for Review and Approval
Step 3: Submit Plan Review Package to CDPP@neorsd.org
- Application for Project Review *For submittals larger than 10MB, contact CDPP@neorsd.org for instructions on transferring the submittal package through ShareFile.
- Plan Review Request & Verification: To request plans for NEORSD infrastructure in your project area to arrange for conflict review and resolution, Email CDPP@neorsd.org with location and contact information.
- Cleveland Planning Commission Determination Letter: In order to receive a determination letter to satisfy requirements of the Cleveland Planning Commission, email CDPP@neorsd.org or contact the Community Discharge Permit Program Manager at 216-881-6600 extension 6466. The information required include project location, disturbed area, and application contact information.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What type of review will my project require?
The type of review that will need to be conducted depends on several factors including the size of the project, where the project is located, where the connection to the existing system is being made, and the volume of sanitary flow and stormwater to be discharged. Email your questions to CDPP@neorsd.org .
How long will it take to complete the required review?
District responses to complete review submittals are made within 15 business days of receipt. If submissions are not complete or the District requests additional information, review will take longer.
What do I need to submit to get started?
For projects requiring District review, a set of plans and information about sanitary and stormwater flows being generated by the project will need to be submitted. Click here for a summary of the review process.
What is the project size that requires review?
The project size depends on the type of review. Direct connection to NEORSD-owned infrastructure and Industrial Process Flow reviews have no minimum size. Acceptance-of-Flow (for Ohio EPA PTI Application) depend on Ohio EPA regulations. Title IV Stormwater Management in the Combined Sewer Area reviews have a half-acre minimum. Title V review is required for any size project that is subject to local stormwater regulations in the community where it is located.
Where is the combined sewer area?
The combined sewer area is the portions of the City of Cleveland and nine suburban communities that have sewer systems that carry both sanitary sewage and stormwater in the same pipe. The combined sewer area also includes separate sewer systems that outlet to the combined system. Click here for the current map.
Do you have questions about the Plan Review Program that we have not covered? We would love your feedback, please email CDPP@neorsd.org