Green Infrastructure Grant Program
Green Infrastructure Grants: 2021 Grant request for proposals RFP
The Sewer District recognizes the importance of green infrastructure such as rain gardens, bioretention, pervious pavement, and other site-based stormwater management practices in the combined sewer area. The Green Infrastructure Grants Program is open to member communities, governmental entities, non-profit organizations 501(c)(3), or businesses working in partnership with their communities in the combined sewer area interested in implementing green infrastructure projects that remove stormwater from the combined sewer system.
Private, for-profit entities may also put forward projects in partnership with communities or non-profits. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to ensure the long-term ownership and maintenance of these practices.
Green Infrastructure Grants Program Storymap
The map below highlights examples of successful District-supported green infrastructure projects since 2009. These projects may help you learn more about applicable features and control measures, or which projects have been funded since the beginning of our GI grant program. | Open in a new window
Green Infrastructure Grant documents
- Green Infrastructure Grant (GIG) Program Policy
- US EPA stormwater calculator and FAQ: A green infrastructure grant resource
- 2020 Green Infrastructure Grant(GIG) Request for Proposal
- Green Infrastructure Grant pre-proposal workshop slide deck
Project partners must download and complete the following forms.
- Reimbursement Policy, Process, and Procedures: How to obtain reimbursement
- Reimbursement form 1: For project details and signatures
- Reimbursement form 2: Expense tracking table
- Green Infrastructure Grant progress report: Provide a summary of the accomplishments with respect to objectives, degree of completion based on the Project application, and any problems encountered [PDF]
- Green Infrastructure Grant Program extension request form: Only required (if applicable) when requesting a project extension. Must be accompanied by a completed progress report (Linked above)